Let's Shrink!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wow - I tried something new! :)

Let me start by saying I HATE HATE HATE shakes that I have to make because I am too busy. I like to open it and drink it. Period. I have been using Premier Protein shakes from Costco for 8 months now. I like them, but I'm bored. So, I tried something new. I have two months worth so even if I hated it I had to use it. lol I admit it was cool to use the little blender thingy I've had since before my surgery. :) To sum it up... it's no milkshake but it's good! I added half a carbmaster yogurt to make it creamy and yum! I added a handful of ice and about 8 oz of water, but it could have been more water. I didn't measure. By the end of the blending I had almost 20 oz. 150 calories from the shake, 30 from the half yogurt. 7 carbs and 27 grams of protein. I will have the same thing for lunch. I think tomorrow I will add Crystal light instead of pure water to really give it a punch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, yummy! That's great protein for the calories too!
Dawn

HealthyMe said...

I've been doing shakes for two weeks now.. and i'm learning to hate the blender too.. that's not good!

I did start mixing some of the yummy ones (like Pumpkin Spice) with hot water to make like a creamy warm drink and it's working pretty well.

www.latnutrition.com

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

This looks super yummy!

I have been having a shake every morning for breakfast (I beef mine up to reach 400 cals) but will have to give it a try. =)