Let's Shrink!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 15, 2013

Another surgery coming up...

This time it's for a polyp in my sinus canal. The CT scan also showed I have had such long term sinusitis my tissues has calcified in an inflamed state and I am only getting 5% air through my nose.  Could be a HUGE reason why I am so tired and can't sleep at all.  Surgery is June 13th.  Dr. said I will out for at least a week because they have to chip away at all the calcification and it's not a "normal" sinus surgery.  Nothing for me is normal so that's ok.  lol  I can't really report on the food thing.  I have been so sick with two back to back sinus infections so I am eating a ton of soup.  Eewww... Soup makes me bloat up like a whale due to all the salt.  As fat as I am I am not one of those fat people who likes salt.  I NEVER add salt to anything.  Even when I used to eat fries I would scrape off the salt before I took a bite.  lol  I swear to you I have seen someone put salt on a salad!  Anyway, at least one thing I have always done is healthy... lol

Pic of the day...  A new lake spot we found while on a drive near our house.  I was able to get out and walk around to take pics.  The little things...

Dee's Tips and Trivia...

Previous Questions –
~ What was the most prestigious kitchen item a housewife could own in the 19th century?
Stove
~ The Broadcast Film Critics two highest ranked films of the 1990’s were directed by Steven Spielberg.  What were they?
Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan
~ In musical terms, what is a concerto?
A piece for a solo instrument and orchestra, divided into 3 separate movements.

Tips –
~ Sprinkle coffee grounds around your vegetables before you water them.  You will be activating slow-release nitrogen that will help them grow faster and fuller.  And slugs don’t like them either.
~ Mix cookie dough, freeze in ice cube trays, pop out and keep in freezer bags.  Then when you want fresh baked cookies, you can bake a few at a time.
~ To keep bananas fresh longer, tightly wrap the top with plastic wrap.  Replace each time when you eat a banana and it should keep them fresher 3-5 days longer.

Trivia –
~ A shrimp has more than a hundred pairs of chromosomes in each cell nucleus.  Man has only twenty-three.
~ Lauren Bacall’s singing voice in To Have and Have Not was dubbed by a teenage Andy Williams.
~ Napoleon suffered from ailurophobia, the fear of cats.  What a baby.

This date in history (April 5th)
~ 1843 – Queen Victoria proclaimed Hong Kong to be a British Colony.
~ 1887 – Anne Sullivan taught Helen Keller the meaning of the word “water” as spelled out in the manual alphabet.
~ 1923 – Firestone Tire and Rubber Company began the production of balloon tires.
~ 1984 – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar became the all-time NBA regular season scoring leader.

Questions-
~ What is the softest mineral?
~ What was the 1st word spoken by an ape in Planet of the Apes?
~ Who was the #1 scoring leader before Kareem?

Quote –
“Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.”  Albert Einstein



- Dee

8 comments:

Lyn said...

Is it Medifast soup? I find that stuff so bland and sometimes add bouillon to it. It's good you don't like salt :)

Good luck on your surgery! Hope you feel better soon.

Lori said...

I have a friend with a similar situation. Her sinuses were horribly calcified. She had the surgery and was a different person after the recovery. She felt so good. I pray you have the same success.
Lori

Amanda said...

Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope the surgery went ok, keep us updated :)

Amy
http://maxgreencoffeebeanextract.com/

Taryl said...

I've been thinking about you - how did the surgery go? Feeling okay and healing well?

Audrey said...

I'm a little worried....are you okay?

Traci said...

I know it's been a while, but I'm wondering how your surgery went and how you are doing now?

Karen said...

Hello! I just wanted to say Hi. I read your blog and loved it and notice it's been a whole year since you wrote on it. I do hope you are doing great and are well and happy. Take care. Karen