Let's Shrink!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Very sick (pics + Tips & Trivia by Dee)

and my surgery has been rescheduled to March 12th.  Int he mean time, I am exhausted from all the parties... My youngest son turned 7, my middle daughter turned 4 and my oldest daughter got to have a party with her friends in the back yard for good grades.  I am WORN OUT but grateful I am physically able to do these things for my kids.

Below: My 4 year old's Princess Party... We had over 40 little princess friends. :)  We rented the Carousel and had a private party before the mall opened. :) 
 My little Princess is the on on the front horse wearing a gold Princess dress. 
Oh how I wish I could share her pics up close...


 Below... my oldest daughter's "hang out party" in the back yard with over 30 friends...
 Below... My son's 7th birthday party at Pump it Up.  They turned off the lights and made it a "glow-in-the-dark" party.  There were over 30 friends! 


Questions –
~ What was the Beatles 1st US hit?
I Want to Hold your Hand
~ There are 2 billion people worldwide who have this disease and 2 million die from it every year.  What is it?
Tuberculosis
~ Irish legend has it that those who kiss the Blarney Stone will become skilled in what?
Flattery, Eloquence, Persuasion

Tips –
~ To pick up cat hair, put on a wet rubber dishwashing glove and wipe your hand over surfaces. 
~ A dab of foaming shaving cream can help remove many red-wine spills from carpets.
~ Speeding through chores – Time will fly if you listen to great music, and enlist your family’s help.

Trivia –
~ Ants stretch when they wake up.
~ 20% of China’s plants are used in medicine.
~ Montpelier, Vermont is the only U.S. state capital without a McDonalds.

This date in history (February 8th)
~ 1926 – Walt Disney Studios is formed.
~ 1952 – Queen Elizabeth ascended to the throne.
~ 1961 – Vince Neil was born.
~ 1965 – The Supremes released “Stop in the Name of Love.”

Questions –
~ On this date, Queen released their first hit single.  What was the title?  And it’s not We Are the Champions.
~ Which breed of dog has the best eyesight?
~ How many miles of lighted tubing are there in the signs on the strip in downtown Las Vegas.

Quote –
“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”  Ronald Reagan

I hope all of you had a splendid weekend!


Dee

2 comments:

Lori said...

You give such great parties. Maybe you should do that as a sidline job.
Lori

Amanda said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!! Such beautiful parties and pictures :)