Let's Shrink!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Even BIGGER changes... Geez

Copied this from my FB page... So my revision surgery is scheduled for Feb. 12th. (19 days from today)  My liquid diet starts in 5 days. So much has happened in the past few days to lead me to this decision. Basically, we were going to try to work the fertility issue but I keep gaining more and more weight. If I don't fix this now, it's only a short hop to going back to the miserable quality of life I had 2 years ago. My husband and kids deserve better than that. I deserve better than that. I can't let my heart make the choices.  My mind knows I would be no good to anyone if I can't get this weight under control for good.  I will post the exact name of the surgery in a couple of days.  It's some weird long name so I have to call and ask the Dr. what it's called. (It's called something because apparently it is done on quite a few patients who lose their restriction or never had any to begin with.  one size does NOT fit all and some sleeves need to be smaller than others.) They will fix the scar tissue growth then take my sleeve and fold BOTh sides making it VERY restrictive.  Please pray for me! I am a little scared but happy with this decision to take back my life. Again. I hope you can support me. I am a food addict. I CANNOT do this without fixing this surgery. I just can't. Looks like this roller coaster begins again.  And I'm almost sure I will blog about it. :)

12 comments:

The Lovely One said...

Your health is important! I hope this works out for you!

Christine said...

keep on keeping on Lisa...I am rooting and praying for you!

Tamzin said...

It sounds like the right decision, and I wish you best of luck for your surgery coming up!!

Lori said...

You remain in my prayers. I look forward to reading about the success of the surgery and even a pregnancy down the road. Remember Abraham and Sarah. God can do anything.
Lori

Melissa said...

My prayers are with you now and after..you need to do what is right for you and don't ever think you need to apoligise because others reading might not agree. Its your life and you know your limitations..its not for anyone to judge. We are here to support!! Much love!

Unknown said...

Good Luck! You will be in my prayers. It is so hard to lose the weight...I have also been trying for years. This time my husband and I are going to do it! :)

The Paris Chronicles said...

Sounds like you are getting gastric plication. I've read excellent things about this newish WLS. You are a trailblazer! I'm sure you'll go back to good losses with this.

Sheila said...

Sounds like a plication type surgery. I am hoping and praying for the best outcome (no matter what the surgery is called but yes please look it up and tell us!) I'm sure it will be great to have restriction again. Best of luck to you! I think you are probably smart to do this now rather than keep waiting.

mamajuliana said...

I ditto all the positive statements already posted here. Praying for you...no one knows your life and circumstances but you...Peace and Prayers!

Shannon said...

Positive thoughts and prayers headed your way!!!

Unknown said...

Your thinking & steps are right for you. Just need to be confident on that.

Lyn said...

Just checking on you and hope you are doing well. Thoughts and prayers going your way.