Let's Shrink!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, October 11, 2012

EEEKKK! :)

So I decided to try and eat under 1200 calories per day to see if I can do it.  I have low expectations. :)  I have no choice if I want the scale to go down.  One of the "side effects" for me from the VSG.  I have other side effects too... walking, having no physical restrictions I can't handle, more activity in my family life and a great respect and gratefulness for life in general.  I'll take those side effects any day. :) 
Pics of the day... My 3 year old and I at our local high school football game.  My oldest daugher was playing with the high school band that night (her middle school was invited to play with them and go ont he field.:) and I had a ball taking part and enjoying myself with my family.

 Last weekend we enjoyed our first fire of the season after putting up Halloween decorations.  I was actually putting things up instead of telling my family what to do while sitting on the couch. :)
* I have to say... I am still at least 100 pounds overweight but my life is sooo different.  As much as I am disappointed in the weird things that happened to my body after the VSG and sad that I need a revision in order to continue losing, I am sooooo happy I had it done.  Soooo happy.  I have my moments of being down, but how can I complain when my wish of being able to walk around has been fulfilled.  I am working everyday on trying to focus on that fact and realize everything else is icing on the cake... Man, I cry just thinking about it... At the end of the day the pic above are the reasons I did it and are STILL the reasons why I'm glad I did.

7 comments:

The Sassy Orange said...

I know exactly how you feel. I'm down 87 with 100 more lbs to go. I am so grateful for the surgery and for the life it gave back to me.

How is the eating under 1200 going?

Best,
Angela/Pretty in Orange

Lori said...

I was a flag girl in the band during my high school days. I loved marching during half time at the football games.

Good luck with the 1200 calories.
Lori

Christine said...

I have loved watching you live life...the rest will come.

tz said...

great picture of the kiddos in front of the fireplace. You have so much to be thankful for. I have a ton of weight still to lose, but I am too thankful for what this surgery has helped me achieve...the most thankful for those moments I get to spend with my family!

Unknown said...

I have to ask this, how did your daughter flood the house?

Tammy said...

I'm just trying to lose weight on my own...as you may see if you look at my blog...not doing such a great job of it!!LOL I also have to go down to way less calories to lose anything...I'm going to do this...need/want to feel & look better. Let me know how it goes for you. Love the pics!!

kare2care said...

I too still have more weight to lose, I had RNY gastric bypass surgery on Nov. 2006. But I'm not giving up. I considered revision, but I'm going to try other ideas first. Yesterday I went on total liquids and I may again today, and the scale is finally moving. Not to mention I feel great, I cleaned out my system. I have learned along the way, not to beat myself up. I lost 118 lbs. so far and that's alot of weight, now I have to figure out how to lose the rest and I know one day I will. If there's anything i can do or help you with, please don't hesitate to ask, we're in this together and we can do it! Hugs, Karen