Let's Shrink!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Someone give me a hamburger!

I am STARVING and VERY cranky.  This 800 cals a day thing SUCKS without restriction.  I am in a constant state of hunger.  On a happy note... Well, I can't think of anything right now because my mind is thinking of food. :)

I did have a wonderful dinner the other day.  I used my chopper to chop up cooked cauliflower which looks (and tastes) like rice then added turkey sausage.  An entire plate was under 200 calories.  I can't eat that much food so I cut the meal in half (after I took the yummy pic) so I could snack on it later.  Sooooo good.  I LOVE cauliflower "rice."  You really can't tell the difference.  It's just like rice only not sticky. 

To make the Cauliflower rice... boil cauliflower, don't over-cook or it will be to mushy to chop.  You should be able to stick a fork in it but it should not be able to slide right through.  Then get a good chopper and chop away! :)  Another good meal with this "rice" is to add teriyaki sauce and saute the "rice" with some chicken.  The possibilities are endless.  Virtually calorie free and filling.

4 comments:

tz said...

will have to keep this in mind when I can finally eat food again! thanks for sharing

Lyn said...

I had cauliflower rice with chicken curry tonight. Never going back to regular rice!

Hang in there :)

mamajuliana said...

Thank you for the new yummy idea!

Lap Band Gal said...

Tasty! :)